Friday, January 23, 2009

Back in the VSSR

Wow. I am so glad that I went abroad. It was such a necessary step away to catch my breath. Being in Mexico and moving into the new co-op has made things feel fresh and my classes will be a lot of work but are incredible: English Composition w/ Josh Harmon (!!!), Indigenous and Oppositional Media w/ Colleen Cohen, Aesthetics and Marginality in Latin America (spanish seminar) w/ Mario Cesareo (which is funny because I have to drop his ex-wife's class to take his), and 1968, a political science class w/ Katie Hite. I'm rekindling old friendships (Mike Dickerson!) and spoiled rotten with being located in the senior Town Houses.

There is one thing... Harrison. He's back and his bedroom window looks right at my kitchen window. Why do we always have to be living so close to one another? He's with Fern now... which is interesting. They are very much alike. It's weird because I felt like I couldn't express myself in Mexico with the whole language barrier thing, so now that I'm back in the US, I'm loud and quick with my quips. Harrison is definitely getting a lot of heat from me. I don't know how else to interact with him without feeling these horrible feelings- a mix of want, a mix of disgust.

I get to talk to Guy tomorrow, and then, all will be well. at least for awhile.

I've been playing the harmonica again. It feels so good to spit out some little ditties on the paths while I'm walking. I'm getting into a groove of being. hopefully.

SATURDAY! NYC! SMF! 21!

No comments:

Post a Comment