Monday, August 18, 2008

11 Days Until Departure

Ok ok ok... a lot to talk about.

Deerhunter on the 10th was absolutely amazing. Everyone was packed up by the stage in a thick layer of sweat. I was a little peeved that a tall blonde guy was pogoing right in front of me, but he quieted down after I told him that a 50 cent piece sized stain had formed on his back... I could only assume was blood. His response? To put on another shirt. I had heard that they weren't going to perform Cryptograms anymore, but hooray! they did! Ending the show with Strange Lights made me ecstatic! My second time seeing the full group, third seeing Bradford and everytime I'm left fulfilled.

On Thursday, i went into the city to visit Missy, Emily and Mac. Jason was supposed to come with me but ended up bailing. There was terrible traffic because of a Pirates game to boot. It was so nice to hang out with Mac on his last night in the city before he went back to Corry before school though. A bunch of his friends were over and we were all eating pizza and drinking wine or beer.

Emily finally got to meet Mac and really liked him (as was expected). Emily has decided to leave AIP early- after two more quarters, she'll get her associates in Photography then she wants to go to an academic school. Her parents are cool with it as long as she goes in PA or VA. That means no New York Emily for me. :( She is definitely on my wave length and I feel like I can truly be myself with her. I'm so terribly going to miss her when I'm gone.

Driving home from Mac's was a bad idea since I was so tired. I thought that I was going to pass out the whole way. I know that I could have just stayed at Mac's but I was under the impression that I was going to wake up the next morning and go to work (I didn't). I love Mac. Maybe my momma will be right oneday.

So, I don't know. This past friday was just terrible for my soul. Jake, Jason, and I were jamming and I just couldn't get into it. I was missing my bass (my true jamming instrument of choice) and was not into playing the tambourine anymore. So... push comes to shove, I ask Jason to take me up to my house so that I can eat some dinner. 45 minutes later, I'm done eating and Jason calls. Story is, Emma is going to Pittsburgh and Jason and Jake really want to go. Problem is, Emma can only fit four people in her car and she has Brandon with her already. So, only two other people can go. What is a person supposed to say to that? I would have liked to go into the city, especially since I wouldn't have to drive by myself like the night before, but I ended up staying at home embroidering and watching terrible television programming. I cried for hours before I finally fell asleep.

My time in Canonsburg is limited. Very limited. I leave for Mexico on the 29th but after that, well, I'll be around in the winter, but who knows after that. I have to get an internship next summer (should have been doing that this summer) and my best bets are in NYC NOT Pittsburgh. All I want to do is spend some quality time with my friends and I get ditched even though Jason said he didn't want me to feel like I was getting ditched.

Jason asked me if I wanted to hang out on Saturday, but oh hey, I went into the city to hang out on Mt. Woo with the Ruxton kids. Katie Gould left on Sunday to go back to Youngstown because she'll be attending Youngstown U for painting. We got the peace pipe out and Jess rolled the fattest blunt I've ever seen. I gave Emily a killer shotgun with five dragon's breaths. It ended up to be a late night, I guess we didn't get back until 3 am.

My last full week in the US of A. crazy.

I've really gotten into the whole podcast and iTunes U stuff. I like watching lectures on philosophy and buddhism. I'm an insatiable student, I guess.

1 comment:

  1. hey!
    since you are leaving so very soon I want to see you before you go. maybe you can come into the city this weekend or the next? but please do come visit and we can drink some wine and sew together? i'd really love it!

    take caaare

    steph!

    ReplyDelete