Tuesday, June 3, 2008

How Can This Not Be A Recession?

I've been working on translating Pablo Neruda poems. I just did "Tonight I Can Write The Saddest Lines" but I'm tailoring it so I can make it into the lyrics of a Birds and Bees song.

I bought a small electric organ at a flea market the other day for 15 dollars. It was a bitch and a half to get to the car and bring it home but it is so worth it. I also got a Kraft poster celebrating Disneyland's 25th year. There is all this pretty food and characters from Alice in Wonderland.

Babysitting fell through. I think Jim forgot that he'd been talking to me since January about it. I'm looking for another job... and it's not looking too good. I just can't find anywhere close and interesting. Man, babysitting was really my dream. Now, I have to consider wearing long sleeves everyday to work because of my tattoos and taking out my nose piercings and I was really looking at them yesterday and I like them! I like the way they look, I like the way they make my nose look. I don't want to take them out. UGH. this sucks. I guess I have to realize that I just will have to sell my soul to a job right now.

I bought some plants to take care of. Coleus. They have an erowid page because, I guess, they are a relative of salvia. I've been saving the leaves from pruning. We'll see.

I hung out with Steph, Jes's art twin from AIP, this weekend and it was awesome. I love all those people. I just am so much more comfortable around that crew. I feel like I'm always talking about something interesting and not just tits and dicks, poop and farts. Not to say I don't love my other friends, it's just different.

No comments:

Post a Comment