Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Chk Chk Chk

Went and saw !!! tonight. I told the Tustins, (the two year old who broke my glasses, babysitting job), that I thought I was coming down with the stomach flu which Ada Goldsmith had on Monday. Jon and I were remarking that we had been planning on going, then yesterday decided we weren't and right before returned to our previous sentiments. I couldn't not see !!! and Icy Demons. I would have hated myself.

Icy Demons was really good, but I would have preferred them without the chick in the overalls. You always wonder in bands were there is a bunch of guys and one chick what the drama is if any. Who's hitting who and who's pissed? Nevertheless, each song had it's own distinct sound and feel- I was impressed with their drummer the most perhaps. Their one instrumental in which the chick in the overalls sat out was probably my favorite. The main singer dude had on some gnarly brown polyester pants with bizarre patches sewn on. I figure they were mostly for style since polyester really doesn't wear into holes like that. The brightly colored felt patches were a treat though, fitting of someone in a band called "icy demons".

!!! was over the top and relentlessly fuckadelic and gritty. How can a person not dance to this music? While I prefer the self titled album best, their new tracks certainly had Jon and me dancing. Jon was sexy dancing like a crazy mother fucker. He said he was un-"don't dance like Hemmis" dancing. A long story starting at a Q and not U show. I had friends who had just seen !!! at Camp Bisco. I'm glad I saw them at the Rex, here in Pittsburgh with my friends.

Still dehydrated.

I'm so stoked to see Matmos on Friday!!!!! Supreme Balloon is out of this world.

I've been day dreaming my EP.

No comments:

Post a Comment