Wednesday, January 23, 2008

New Round

My birthday is on friday. I'm excited to turn 20 but sort of dreading the actual day. I just know that I'm going to be let down. My mom and friends really make a birthday and I don't have those here. I have some friends at Vassar but not like my crew. Birthdays are always a big deal in my family- especially since my papa, mom and I are all in a row. I guess that I shouldn't be so pessimistic about having a "great" birthday. I just have to sustain myself. That's what I'm learning. My family and friends at home know me in a way that my happiness is definitely augmented by their actions and intentions. At Vassar, obviously I don't have relationships as close as those at home, but I've only been here for a year and a half, I guess it just takes time like everything else.

Ugh.

I had my first poli theory class today. The teacher seems to actually have some conviction about what he's teaching and wants his students to understand the material and not just be exposed to it.

Crossing my fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment