here's a little taste of the uppercase and lowercase interacting... when I was sketching out the width for the bottom bowl of the g, I sketched in a letter "a" in between the f & g for a reference. tehe. I'm really trying to make these letters become the Lawrence family and not distant cousins. A big part of that is squaring off the curves. I think/hope Lawrence will be applicable to display and bodies of text. Either way, I'm liking where it's going.
Last night I made some bomb chicken with a sweet and spicy sauce. Jes started calling it "Jesus Chicken" and Devin wants a big bottle of the sauce to use on everything. I love making food for people. It makes me happy to know that they are in glutton heaven. Want the recipe? I don't work in measurements really- just abouts:
1 prepped (gutted whatnot) whole chicken
4 granny smith apples
- place chicken in large casserole dish and coat with olive oil.
- cut onion in half. stuff one half with lots of garlic in belly of chicken. slice other half into long strips. take half of those strips and lay atop, in and around chicken. place more minced garlic atop chicken.
- core apples and place around chicken.
- drizzle honey over chicken and apples (about 3/4 of a honey bear)
- cook in oven at 35o° for 1 hour
Devin's Favorite Sauce
can of chicken broth
1/4 onion chopped (use leftovers from chicken recipe)
fresh chili peppers- 3 jalapeños, 3 cubanelles, 1/2 ancho
- in a sauce pan on medium heat, sautee garlic and onions
- add can of chicken broth and roughly a quarter cup of hoisin sauce
- cut peppers into halves and add to mix (including seeds)
- add cumin to taste (just a dash'll do yah)
- cook on medium heat until sauce has halved in size
- add a handfull of sifted flour to mixture to thicken. MIX WELL to avoid clumps.
- leave on low heat until ready to serve. sauce will thicken a little more as it cools.
ENJOY WITH FRIENDS